Thursday, March 20, 2008

Imagine if all of your inbox items just disappeared. Gone. One moment you see them, the next they are gone. That is...all but one email is left remaining. That's what happened to me yesterday. The emails aren't in my deleted items, archive folders, or even online through the Exchange Server. I haven't heard back from the IT people, and I'm wondering if they will be able to solve it.

It's fairly unnerving. How many of those will return as a problem? But, on the other hand, I haven't had an empty inbox in years. It's a great feeling. I think there were a few important emails in there, but probably not the majority. I think starting with a clean slate might actually be worth the loss. I currently have 3 emails in my inbox.

So, I challenge you to delete all your inbox items. It's worth it. In fact, I'm going to go delete those 3 emails right now. Heck, if I really need them, they will be in my deleted items. In my situation, the deleted folder is actually the safer place to be!

I now have 0 emails in my inbox.

2 comments:

Brian Barela said...

I actually had the same thing happen to me Rock a year ago. Mason pressed some magic button and all the emails went away.

It would be great if we did this once a year on staff. I think it would relieve quite a bit of stress.

Rock said...

Dude, I'm thinking like once a month. I've had the best day in weeks. So weird. I didn't know it could be so freeing.