Tuesday, March 11, 2008

The Blog

Only until recently have I bought into the whole "blog world". I kind of dabbled and checked out a handful of blogs, but could never really stay engaged over time. I've been reading Brian Virtue's blog for a few months, mainly because I had it set up to email the posts to me (because I rarely visited the direct site.) At this point, I know you bloggers are saying to yourself, "Hey genius, get a blog reader." Well, I actually tried that, but didn't really find it successful either. But, the blog world has changed for me within the last week, due to none other than Google. I discovered the Google Reader. It's beautiful. I can set it up as a tab on Firefox and a with a quick look, check for new posts. I've already got 13 blogs on there. Google to the rescue.

I don't exactly know what I'm going to write in my blog. I'm already insecure about putting my thoughts into cyberspace and the public view. Talk about permanent exposure. But for starters, I certainly run across lots of great stuff on the web, and sharing the wealth seems like a worthy and enjoyable activity. And I'm starting to appreciate that there is a community in the blogging world, and I certainly don't want to be left out of something I'm starting to enjoy. We will see if I can keep it more maintained than Facebook....which if I'm honest, I only enjoy about 10% of the time.

So, how about a little politics to stoke the fire....
I'm not super politically oriented, but I have been fascinated by the Clinton/Obama campaign and have been seeing quite a few political articles on www.digg.com (one of my new favorite sites). I'm not really a Larry David fan (except of course, for his work with Seinfeld), but this article was worth the read. It's a good mocking of the famous "3am phone call" ad the Clinton campaign recently ran. My favorite line of the article: "He [Obama], with the ice in his veins, who doesn't panic when he's losing or get too giddy when he's winning, who's as comfortable in his own skin as she's uncomfortable in hers." He nailed it. Hillary really seems to be in a spiral. Obama just lights up that big smile and everything seems to be calm and collected for him.

Here's to Google Reader...

2 comments:

Beav said...

welcome rock!

in no time you'll be having random peeps posting comments about how you're endorsing heretics and losers in your posts :)

Good times! Looking forward to your thoughts.

Rock said...

Thanks BV! I'll just put up a post about you know who and my blogging life will get interesting real fast.

Thanks for the first comment on the first blog.